Sorry to see, but understand why, the Dallas Marathon was canceled.
I can identify and sympathize with the runners who will be unable to race. It happened to me in 2010 at Myrtle Beach, when snow and ice and road conditions forced the organizers to cancel that race. ironically, the next morning the sun came out and the ice on the roads had melted. But since we were to share the roads with cars that day, the decision was for safety. And looking back, it was the right decision, as hard as it was then to accept.
1. Cool video from Vanessa Runs on FB
2. Singapore marathon winner cheated: ran only 6KM, but didn’t want to not cross the line: “I never thought about going home midway. It would have been like giving up.” Wha?!
3. Can mixing up running shoes prevent overuse injuries?
4. Runners, especially Ultra runners, this should be YOUR special day! LOL
5. Cool profile of Brenda Martinez, world medalist in 800M