If you don’t follow ultra and trail running, you likely...
1. Handy post on GPS watch accuracy 2. This post and the comments were entertaining, and insightful 3. Why traditional ab work won’t prevent injury or make you faster 4. Repetition (a basic training week structure) is important 5. Having a rough day? Watch this and smile. I did (her first ever roller coaster ride)
I was looking for something in a storage box today at lunch and happened to find a baseball that I had feared was long gone. This ball was a could ball from a Birmingham barons game in 1982. We were on the third base side kinda low, when a pop fly landed two seats away […]
1. You’ve heard of “Air Jordans.” How about a “Run Jordan?” 2. Regular exercise reverses the affect of aging on your skin 3. Pete Larson finds an old but fascinating article on running–from 1885! 4. Suspicious bags at the Boston finish line 5. Boston commemorates one year since the bombing
1. It has been one year 2. Why runners sweat more 3. The “naked jogger of Lancaster” 4. Track is killing itself 5. Sleep your way to success
1. Stop negative talk (or thoughts) and you will run faster 2. I don’t know that I’d consider this a “letdown” 3. Musings of an ultra marathon spectator 4. Ian Sharman’s Lake Sonoma race recap. ( I LOVE his last pic) 5. Lake Sonoma 50 miler results. Zach Miller won for the men. Emily Harrison […]
1. What’s in your race suitcase? 2. Top five tips for road race etiquette 3. 70,000 runners enter the Chicago Marathon lottery 4. In 2013 more than 2 million runners finished a 13.1 as women finisher rates continue to grow 5. In 2013, 1,100 marathons in the US generated 541,000 finishers
1. Couple wear crazy costumes in marathons to fund overseas adoption of child 2. Stop blowing off strides 3. The fastest runners aren’t always the fastest racers 4. How Wilson Kipsang set the marathon world record 5. Are you programmed to enjoy exercise?
1. Dane doesn’t hold back here 2. Altra has given Hoka a first real competitor in this type of shoe. Here’s a comparison 3. This puts the “functional” in functional strength and stability: the 100-up 4. Blake Mycoskie (Toms founder) lives an active lifestyle 5. Why you should embrace running slow
1. Not exactly running related, but this is the best treatment on iPhone battery drain I’ve seen 2. We need to talk about getting more women into ultra 3. Excellent response to the “running will kill you” junk that’s been floating of late 4. The Science of long distance running 5. She raises money for animal rescue and […]
1. Kenenisa Bekele wins his marathon debut in 2:05:03 at Paris 2. Jared Campbell’s Barkley Marathons race report–you need to read this 3. How to be mentally tough for a 100-mile race 4. This was a great read, and funny, too 5. Should children run endurance events?
1. Interesting study about low-fat diet vs. low-sugar diet (spoiler: neither is good for you) 2. Patience is necessary for runners. Good tip from Caleb 3. 100-mile backcountry ride on a unicycle? what? 4. Goo for your feet 5. Becoming wolverine